Thursday, April 15, 2010

Meet Jordan, CEHD student ambassador


My name is Jordan and I'm a sophomore in the College or Education and Human Development (CEHD). I am double majoring in Human Resource Development and Business and Marketing Education with double minors in Human Resources and Industrial Relations and Business Management from the Carlson School of Management.

I chose the University of Minnesota because I wanted to go to a large university within an urban environment where the opportunities are endless and there is an abundance of different cultures and diversity. The Twin Cities is one of my favorite metropolitan areas and I wanted to be far away from home without having to move across the country. The strong academic programs that the University is known for played a huge role in my decision as well.

I love the large variety of extracurricular opportunities that the U of M provides. I am currently involved as an Admissions Ambassador, leading campus tours for prospective students visiting the U of M. I am also involved with a student group for Human Resource Development majors called the Human Resource Development Organization. I hold two marketing internships as well. One is a sports marketing and promotions internship with Gopher Sports, and I am also a marketing intern for University Dining Services.

I love CEHD because it is filled with great classes that embrace sutdent-teacher relationships and allow for interaction and discussion with classmates. These aspects truly enhance my learning, compared to sitting in a lecture hall just taking notes. My favorite CEHD class that I've had was HRD 3201: Training and Development. My teacher has a lot of real life experience to facilitate her teaching and it really makes the students engaged because they are learning valuable, relevant information. She breaks the class up into groups for discussion about many key concepts and it makes class seem to go by quickly and it doesn't even feel like we're learning, however, when I reflect on all the information I've learned, it is shocking!

The College of Education and Human Development is a unique place where students and professors have exceptional relationships, and people are driven and passionate about what they want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment